Monday, January 21, 2008

Sushi


I'm not a hard core sushi eater or anything but today I dusted off the old sushi maker we bought 10 years ago and made some rolls. Just avocado, cucumber and crab but man it hit the spot and filled the craving for a few days. If you like sushi you know what I'm talking about. Next I'm going to make some with tempura shrimp made w/panko. Mmmmmmm

It's funny how when I was a kid sushi just meant slimy raw fish. In todays world kids LOVE sushi. Payton devours it. My nephew brings his mom's leftover sushi in his lunch! Puh-leeze!

Interrupt this blog for a "back in my day" moment. Besides walking 3 miles home from the bus stop I had two sandwich choices: PB&J or Bologna (yack). What was in your brown bag?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MAN I MISS SUSHI! That's something that would fill me to the gills with one roll. All that rice.

My brown bag was a mustard sandwich because we couldn't afford lunchmeat. My brother took a ketchup sandwich. When we got more money, we still took those because we loved them. Teachers kept offering to put us on the assistance program. Such weird kids!

Anonymous said...

I love sushi! YOU are talented to make it and even for that matter have the time to make it! I barely can make a PB &J sandwich in a day sometimes!

Celestia said...

I am so jealous. Sushi would really hit the spot. But the only kind I want is the raw fish kind. I need some sea steak from Mikuni!

Anonymous said...

Just so you all know, MOM was there for the sushi and it was great (not like the picture at the right but it was great. We had so much fun that day making chicken and fish tenders and sushi and eating all of Joalea's homemade bread.
And remember jo, there was also tuna and cheap chips and of course an apple or orange (yuk). Lunch hasn't changed much over the years has it??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm.Mom