Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ok, so lately I've just been kinda a party pooper about life in general. This cold, miserable weather just makes me want to curl up in bed and never do anything. When I do have to do something I'm cranky and whiny about it. No more! I have decided that I am changing my thoughts and that I am going to try to have a positive outlook on whatever I am doing. Going to Wal-Mart to grocery shop for 2 hours? Woo-hoo! Changing my 4th diaper at 10am? Suh-weet! Going to the dentist? Can hardly WAIT!

Boyd K. Packer says that "our thoughts are the switchboard, the control panel governing our actions".

"I think therefore I am"

"Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting golden Delicious."

The thoughts that I think effect DRAMATICALLY my outlook on life and the way my day goes. There are enough people in this world that think negative thoughts. I for one am going to contribute more often to the ones who think positively.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you ... after almost 20 years of counseling, this is the hardest one to learn and practice. But once you do, I can promise you it makes such a difference. Take those lemons and make lemonade out of them. I'm constantly working to find the silver lining in that terribly black rain cloud. It's not always easy but I promise it's so worth it!

Karin Hopkins said...

It could always be worse! Thats what I have to tell myself! At least there is always Walmart! :)!