Monday, December 13, 2010

The Brighter Side

I solemnly swear to look at the brighter side of life (UNLESS a child spills milk ONE MORE TIME on my freshly mopped floors or a stack of important papers...I hold no responsibility for the not so bright side that may emerge). Oh, and if Bella asks me ONE MORE TIME for permission to eat another candy cane. I hold no responsibility for that response...either.

Today, I just woke up feeling like I wanted to hide in bed and not have to care for ANYTHING! Not even myself. Alas, the children must be fed, educated, disciplined, kept from running a MUCK. I did a lot of yelling, then a lot of apologizing, and finally did the fake mom happy thing. It goes something like this: OK, KIDS! LET'S FINISH GETTING OUR ROOMS CLEANED UP! CAN WE DO IT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU? YEAH! GO! GO! GO! (this was in all caps because that's what fake mom happy thing looks and feels like)

As usual, it significantly brightened my mood, and I think life just might be worth getting up for after all. *sigh* OH, and I also ate a LOT of chocolate. Wonder which one was the most helpful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.