Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mr. Fixit and the A/C

So Jay is kind of a Mr. Fixit. He's pretty good with things that involve wiring, car repair, computer repair, installing things, taking apart garbage disposals that someone clogged (twice) with potato peelings. (I mean what's a garbage disposal for anyway!) He even sews buttons back on my shirts! However, he has some sort of jinx going on with A/C units. His car's A/C has been having problems for a year now and he has taken it apart several times, ordered various parts, thinks he has it fixed and...it's still not working. Mr. Fixit can't fix it.

I came home from enrichment on Wednesday night to a really hot and stuffy house.

Me: It's hotter in here than it is outside!
Him: I was thinkin it was gettin kind of hot (hasn't looked up from psp game)
Me: How come the A/C isn't on?
Him: It's not? (Still no eye contact)

No, no it wasn't. The A/C bandit had struck again. For the first time in our marriage...Mr. Fixit called a repair man :)

Talk about something to be grateful for. Apparently air conditioning gives me energy and makes me think loving thoughts about my kids.
Heat and no A/C=the opposite. Go figure.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply love you Joalea. You are such a creative writer and you make me laugh and cry at the same time. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Well thank goodness for repairmen! And definitely for A/C! I'd die without it!

Lynne T said...

I've had that conversation with Koki about tons of things. Amazing!