Thursday, August 23, 2007

M&M's Anyone?

My friend Kristi Brausch blogged how she hasn't had any "crap food" cravings for a few weeks and it made me think about the weird signals my brain seems to send when I'm pregnant vs. when I'm nursing.

Ok, now for those who have seen me pregnant, you know that due to some weird gene I hardly gain any weight but still have healthy sized babies, yadda yadda yadda I diet and only eat celery cuz it's sooooo good for a growing fetus.

Seriously though, when I'm pregnant I think my mind goes into this nurturing mode of "eat all the right foods, help the little developing brain, bones, etc..." I mean I eat all my veggies, I make sure to get the right amount of iron rich foods, calicum, protein etc....Then the baby comes out, and once that colicky period is past my rebellion emerges.

I usually lose all my pregnancy weight the first month of having a baby, then I gain almost as much as I did when I was pregnant while I'm nursing. I eat everything in sight! Correction, I eat everything that is crap for my body in sight! Hungry in the morning? How about some chocolate cake! "No kids you may not have fruit snacks in your lunch they're full of sugar!" (quietly stuffing choc. chips in my mouth when they're not looking) Then I quit nursing somewhere around the 1st birthday and find a nice balance of 1/2 healthy/ 1/2 crap. I mean somebody just drive over here and take these M&M's from me already!!

P.S. The twizzlers are in the cookbook cupboard and the Oreos are in the back of the pantry (a special treat for the kids of course). Grab those while your at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at this one. Believe it or not, all of us girls go through that. I may not have ever been pregnant, but I sure go through weird cravings at different times of the month. When I ovulate, I want junk. When it's actually that time, I want good healthy food. Can you imagine if I'd ever been able to get pregnant? Can we say SCARY!

Lucky for you though ... you've got a cute little body and figure that can handle it.