Sunday, October 19, 2008

Warning: Not a gratitude post

No Bake Cookies SUCK! (Sorry for the profanities but see below)

I was CRAVING them today, and since I was sick and had sent Jay and the 3 oldest to stake conference...(Payback for my many sacrament meetings of complete horror while he sits smiling up on the stand.....muwaaahahaha), I decided to whip up a batch to feed my cravings. I wasn't feeling well and hence deserved to eat whatever sounded good. Stupid cookies....At the end of the day when I realized there were 2 left I asked Jay how many he had eaten:

Jay: Like 1 and a half
Me: How many did the kids eat? Besides Payton? (He hates PB due to his allergy as a baby and thinks it "burns")
Jay: Katrina had 3 total, Bella had 3 and Tyson had 2.
Me: (Doing the math in my head) Are you sure???
Jay: Yup
Me: (Hiding my head in shame) I am sooooo bad
Jay: How many did you eat?
Me: Are you sure you didn't eat more than 1.5?
Jay: Yup
Me: Positive??
Jay: How many....
Me: I believe approximately......11

Yes, that's right. 11 No Bake cookies. HEY! THEY HAVE OATMEAL IN THEM AND I CALCULATED THAT EACH COOKIE HAD 1 GRAM OF FIBER AND 1 GRAM OF PROTEIN EACH...AND THAT'S NOT INCLUDING WHAT I GOT FROM THE PEANUT BUTTER!!!

I have decided that No-Bake cookies need to be on my ban list. Anything that my family eats that little of and I eat that much of has no place in my home (or stomach). I've never felt so badly like I needed to go for a jog and if I wasn't completely certain that it would cause me to black out by the time I got to the corner due to my illness, I would wake up the dog and go right now. Probably all that sugar keeping me awake tonight. In my prayers tonight I had to ask forgiveness for being so glutenous...gluttenous? K, google confirms it's gluttonous. I didn't mean to say that I was a sticky plant protein. But if I was I'm SURE I would have more self-control!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are freaking HILARIOUS! I remember times where I had days like that. Something sounded so good and then you just pig out on it. Luckily though it doesn't happen all that often and we all need a down day. Even my nutritionist says you can have 1 day a week where you pretty much eat anything and it won't hurt you. So don't kill yourself over it. Be glad you enjoyed them and make them in a month or so!

Trisha said...

Sometimes that happens. Your entitled to have a day like that every now and again.

Kristi Brausch said...

Joalea I think you are the funniest person I know! You crack me up.

I can totally relate. I did the same thing for my birthday back in February. I think I gained about ten pounds from those stupid, delicious things. I made the mistake of making a double batch. I have a love hate relationship with no bake cookies.